Here’s a super-easy way to turn ho-hum green beans into a side dish that’s elegant enough for company or special occasions. Jeannie Klugh - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Style Green Beans in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p17
Reviews for Easy Italian Style Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2012
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2010
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2010
"very, very simple and excellent flavor; I cooked the beans about twice as long as it said because we like them a little more tender"