Easy Italian Spinach Salad Recipe
A simple homemade dressing makes this salad a flavorful option for any meal, but it’s ideal with lasagna, spaghetti, manicotti and more. —Cathy Desper, Staunton, Virginia
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- 2. Divide spinach among 10 salad plates; top with tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and croutons. Yield: 10 servings (2/3 cup vinaigrette).
1 serving equals 104 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC