A simple homemade dressing makes this salad a flavorful option for any meal, but it’s ideal with lasagna, spaghetti, manicotti and more. —Cathy Desper, Staunton, Virginia
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Divide spinach among 10 salad plates; top with tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and croutons. Yield: 10 servings (2/3 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011 , p79
Reviews for Easy Italian Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"This was absolutely delicious and made a colorful presentation - the balsamic dressing tastes exactly like the balsamic dressing made at my favorite Italian restaurant! This one is definitely going into my "favorites"!"