Easy Italian Sausage Sandwiches
There's no need for other condiments when you jazz up sausages with zippy peppers.—Bonnie Jost, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 16 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, julienned
- 2 banana peppers, julienned, optional
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 brat or hot dog buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausages in batches over medium heat until
- no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, saute peppers
- and onion in oil. Drain sausages.
- Place a sausage in each bun. Top each with about 1/3 cup pepper
- mixture. Yield: 16 servings.