- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
Sort By :
"Have made this a few times now. Really like the flavor. so simply to make"
"I used sweet Italian turkey sausage and it worked out wonderfully. Served with rice and bread. Very simple to put together."
"WOW! Great recipe. This recipe jogged my inner chef so I added fresh garlic, although I figured the reason it was not in the recipe was due to the italian sausage. I also added wine to the sausage mixture. This is going to be a keeper for me."
"When I buy Italian Sausage I immediately think of this recipe. I made it for my Son's graduation & everybody raved about it !"
"my sister made this it was so good i had to make it!!!!!!!!"