Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 3 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
Sort By :
I used sweet Italian turkey sausage and it worked out wonderfully. Served with rice and bread. Very simple to put together.
WOW! Great recipe. This recipe jogged my inner chef so I added fresh garlic, although I figured the reason it was not in the recipe was due to the italian sausage. I also added wine to the sausage mixture. This is going to be a keeper for me.
When I buy Italian Sausage I immediately think of this recipe. I made it for my Son's graduation & everybody raved about it !
my sister made this it was so good i had to make it!!!!!!!!
I used Sweet Italian Sausage and it was great. My boyfriend and I finished all of it. It was also pretty inexpensive to make so I will definitely keep this recipe on hand.