Easy Italian Potato Salad Recipe
You'll want to take this simple-to-assemble potato salad to all your picnics and outings. It's always on the menu when my tomato plants yield a bumper crop. Feel free to improvise by adding other fresh vegetables.
- 5 to 6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve salad in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC