Easy Italian Potato Salad Recipe
You'll want to take this simple-to-assemble potato salad to all your picnics and outings. It's always on the menu when my tomato plants yield a bumper crop. Feel free to improvise by adding other fresh vegetables.
- 5 to 6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve salad in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 95 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Easy Italian Potato Salad
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"a wonderful way to make potato salad; we all loved it."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC