You'll want to take this simple-to-assemble potato salad to all your picnics and outings. It's always on the menu when my tomato plants yield a bumper crop. Feel free to improvise by adding other fresh vegetables.
Featured In: Top 10 Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
- 5 to 6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 to 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve salad in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Potato Salad in Country Woman May/June 2001, p33
Reviews for Easy Italian Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"a wonderful way to make potato salad; we all loved it."