For a super supper, try these well-seasoned burgers that take minutes to prepare but leave the impression that I've spent time cooking," says Ronda Lawson of Dublin, California.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Hamburgers in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p39
Reviews for Easy Italian Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review