- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Italian Hamburgers
Sort By :
These are a great go-to when you're in a hurry and are wonderful with ground pork, too!
This is a favorite of my husbands! I love how easy it is to make and it's a nice change from spaghetti with meat sauce. The hamburger patties seemed a little dry, causing them to split when they cooked, so I added an egg to the recipe and that seemed to fix the problem.