- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Italian Hamburgers
Sort By :
These are a great go-to when you're in a hurry and are wonderful with ground pork, too!
This is a favorite of my husbands! I love how easy it is to make and it's a nice change from spaghetti with meat sauce. The hamburger patties seemed a little dry, causing them to split when they cooked, so I added an egg to the recipe and that seemed to fix the problem.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >