- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in
- fruit, almonds and aniseed until blended. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 24-in. rope. Loosely
- twist ropes together; place on a greased baking sheet and form into
- a ring. Pinch ends together. Melt remaining butter; brush over
- dough. Gently separate ropes and tuck dyed eggs into openings. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. For glaze, in a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar,
- vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over
- bread. Sprinkle with candies if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (20 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 172 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.