- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water; gradually add to tomato mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken with spaghetti; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Italian Chicken
"I would make this again but with a bit of flare involved (i.e.salt, garlic salt, and other ingredients that aren't diabetic friendly)"
"This was tasty and quick. I added 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, used 1 clove minced garlic for the garlic powder, and substituted blenderized diced tomatoes. I sprinkled the breasts with basil and cooked them in a little olive oil."
"This has been a family favorite for years!"
"This has been one of my families favorite recipees for several years. I'm making it today & I couldn't find my magazine with the recipee so I looked it up here. It is really good you need to try it."