A hearty Italian dish that's a lovely fresh tasting main course you can serve with pride and without fuss. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are convenient to thaw and cook quickly.—Joan Rose, Langley, British Columbia
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water; gradually add to tomato mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken with spaghetti; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Italian Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p9
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Italian Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review