- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water; gradually add to tomato mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken with spaghetti; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Italian Chicken
Sort By :
I would make this again but with a bit of flare involved (i.e.salt, garlic salt, and other ingredients that aren't diabetic friendly)
This was tasty and quick. I added 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, used 1 clove minced garlic for the garlic powder, and substituted blenderized diced tomatoes. I sprinkled the breasts with basil and cooked them in a little olive oil.
This has been a family favorite for years!
This has been one of my families favorite recipees for several years. I'm making it today & I couldn't find my magazine with the recipee so I looked it up here. It is really good you need to try it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >