Easy Italian Cheese Bread
Round out your favorite Italian meal with a buttery loaf of this crusty Italian Cheese Bread from Angie Smith of Clarksville, Tennessee. “The aroma and flavor of this quick and classic side are wonderful,” she promises. “We like to dip our slices in olive oil, fresh ground pepper and Parmesan cheese."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread butter over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Combine the cheese, oregano and garlic salt; sprinkle over
- bread. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 326 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.