Easy Italian Cheese Bread Recipe
Round out your favorite Italian meal with a buttery loaf of this crusty Italian Cheese Bread from Angie Smith of Clarksville, Tennessee. “The aroma and flavor of this quick and classic side are wonderful,” she promises. “We like to dip our slices in olive oil, fresh ground pepper and Parmesan cheese."
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread butter over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine the cheese, oregano and garlic salt; sprinkle over bread. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Cheese Bread in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p19
Reviews for Easy Italian Cheese Bread(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2011
Where's the chicken? The title must be mistaken.
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
Sorry... can't give a good rating to a chicken recipe that doesn't include chicken! Quality control is needed here.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2009
This is so good. My boys asked for it the next day. Thank you!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bread Recipes >