Easy Italian Breadsticks Recipe
Two great reasons to make these crisp and chewy breadsticks for your family? They're simple and delicious! The recipe has been in my family for more than 40 years.—Pamela Hawkins, Gaston, Oregon
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Place butter in a shallow bowl. Dip each strip into butter; twist two to three times.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 breadstick equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC