Easy Italian Breadsticks Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Place butter in a shallow bowl. Dip each strip into butter; twist two to three times.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 65 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Easy Italian Breadsticks
"These were quick to make up and my kids liked them. We enjoyed them as is, but if I make them again, I would omit the sugar and add more spices such as oregano and garlic powder to the dough."