Two great reasons to make these crisp and chewy breadsticks for your family? They're simple and delicious! The recipe has been in my family for more than 40 years.—Pamela Hawkins, Gaston, Oregon
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Bread Recipes
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips. Place butter in a shallow bowl. Dip each strip into butter; twist two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Italian Breadsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p22
Reviews for Easy Italian Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2015
"These were quick to make up and my kids liked them. We enjoyed them as is, but if I make them again, I would omit the sugar and add more spices such as oregano and garlic powder to the dough."