Easy Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
With a little kick and plenty of tender meat and juices, these hearty sandwiches from Troy Parkos of Verona, Wisconsin eat like a meal! If you’d like, add a slice of provolone for a real treat.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast; shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncini, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- 3. Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into six sandwiches. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 428 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC