Easy Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast; shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncini, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- 3. Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into six sandwiches. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 428 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Easy Italian Beef Sandwiches
"This was so delicious! If you like a little spice in your sandwich, this is the recipe for you."