- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncini, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into six sandwiches. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Sandwiches in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Italian Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
"This was so delicious! If you like a little spice in your sandwich, this is the recipe for you."