Easy Irish Soda Bread Recipe
This is the best Irish soda bread I've ever had. It's lighter and softer than most others I've tried. We like slices spread with whipped butter. —Kerry Barnett-Amundson, Ocean Park, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, caraway seeds, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC