Easy Ice Cream Sundae Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes. Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Spread the ice cream over chocolate. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Ice Cream Sundae Dessert(6)
Sort By :
Since I cut it out of the magazine years ago, I have made it dozens of times. Everyone loves it. It is a good idea to pre-cut this into serving portions while it is not quite solid since it is murder to cut otherwise. If you forget, let it sit out a while before serving. We like it best with ice creams like cookies n cream and moose tracks - vanilla base with something nice in it.
Fairly easy recipe. Loved by my family!
Delicious! Rich Dessert.
This has been a family favorite for years. My kids usually request this for their Birthdays instead of cake.
My sister-in-law made this for our family once & we've made it many, many times since. So good & easy to make. The chocolate layer is so good.