We kids couldn't wait to dig into this tempting ice cream dessert. It's cool and smooth with a ribbon of fudge inside. Whenever I make it for my family, I think of Mom. —Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes. Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Spread the ice cream over chocolate. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sundae Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review