Using sun-dried tomato salad dressing instead of tahini adds a new dimension of flavor to this nutritious predinner snack. —Jeannette Jeremias, Kitchener, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the beans, salad dressing and garlic.
- Cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Serve with chips.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.