Easy Huevos Rancheros
—Liane Davenport, Greensboro, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Additional picante sauce
- In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir
- over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the
- heat; stir in the cheese, tomato and picante sauce.
- Spray one side of a tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortilla
- greased side down on a griddle. Spoon half the egg mixture on half
- of the tortilla.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or
- until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with
- remaining tortilla and egg mixture. Cut into wedges and serve with
- sour cream and additional picante sauce. Yield: 2 servings.