Easy Hot Spiced Cider Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Discard spice bag; continue to cook 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 218 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (49g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Easy Hot Spiced Cider
"This was an excellent spiced cider. Made it for a work gathering and everyone LOVED it!"
"This is goodI use fresh refrigerated apple cider and instant mulling spices from Raven's Nest.888-372-8367 $3.25 for 6oz. I am alone and don't want a whole cooker full of cider at once. Using a 1/2 tsp per mug is cost effective for me."
"I like less sweetness to my cider. I just used Basiks at Home Holiday Mulling Blend with all natural Apple Cider. It had more of a spicey flavor than sweet. But I did enjoy this recipe without the added sugar."
"This is a wonderful recipe it made the whole house smell like heaven.....and it tasted great"