Easy Hot Spiced Cider Recipe
Bottoms up! This warm, robust cider from Trinda Heinrich of Lakemoor, Illinois chases the chill on cool spring evenings…and it’s perfect for winter holidays, too.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:3 servings
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Discard spice bag; continue to cook 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 218 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC