Easy Hot Spiced Cider Recipe
Bottoms up! This warm, robust cider from Trinda Heinrich of Lakemoor, Illinois chases the chill on cool spring evenings…and it’s perfect for winter holidays, too.
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cinnamon stick and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Discard spice bag; continue to cook 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 218 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC