Easy Hot Pizza Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- tortilla chips or breadsticks
- 1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread on the bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream cheese layer. Top with the pizza sauce and peppers. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips or breadsticks. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 134 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Easy Hot Pizza Dip
"Excellent recipe - nice flavor combination and very easy to prepare - served with multi-grain scoops."
"Just okay, not a must-have-again"
"Everyone loves this! I had prepped all of my dishes, including TOH's Three Cheese Potatoes. By mistake, I used the cheese mixture of parm, cheddar, and mozzarella for the potatoes, into this dip. Wow, is this goooooooood!!! We couldn't stop eating it. Served it with tortilla chips, as well as Club Crackers and Ritz. The Club is my favorite with this dip!"
"Been making this one for YEARS! EVERYONE loves it and it is always requested. It's good served with Ritz crackers."
"This was a big hit with the family"
"I made this yesterday, along with another appetizer and a dessert, to take to a family Thanksgiving dinner. Being a huge cheese lover, this was delicious! Very easy to throw together, and can be transported without cooking, so you could cook it when you arrived so it would be nice and hot. I partially cooked, then put it in the oven when we arrived to finish it and ensure it was hot for serving. Will certainly make this again!"
"This was a big hit at a holiday gathering! I took several of the other reviewers' suggestions and reduced the proportion of shredded cheese to pizza sauce - I used 1/2 cup of sauce and 1 cup each of the cheeses; yummy - came home with an empty dish. So good."
"This was not nearly so well received as our buffalo wing dip. I will not make it again as written. The cream cheese needs warmed and mixed in with the other ingredients prior to baking. We would also decrease the ratio of cheese to sauce."
"It's so nice to see my recipe on line after all these years!! The son I mention in the description is now 20 years old. Still a wonderful son and a great recipe ?"
"At the party everyone loved this dip. Even the kids were enjoying this one. Very easy to make !!"
"I made this dip for a dinner party and everyone couldn't stop eating it and asked for the recipe! I used light cream cheese, 1 cup of sauce, sliced green onions instead of peppers, and turkey pepperoni on top."
"This is awesome!!! I added more pizza sauce & more cheese. Next time i will add the mini pepperoni to it. Delicious!!!"
"Yummy, yummy, YUMMY! A crowd pleaser!"
"I have been making this recipe for years and anyone who has it wants the recipe. Even my teenage boys make it. I sometimes put pepperoni slices on it."
"I used fat free cream cheese and half of the cheese to make it healthier and we still loved it!"