Easy Herbed French Bread
Couple the spirit-warming specialty with crunchy Herbed French Bread Karin Bailey of Golden, Colorado adds a little pizzazz to a store-bought loaf with only three ingredients. Freshly minced herbs liven up each buttery bite of the broiled slices.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Cut bread into 1-in. slices. In a small bowl, combine the butter,
- parsley and chives; spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from
- the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.