Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
In Taylors, South Carolina, Carol Lee Jones often fixes this delicious ham topped with a thick cherry sauce. "It's such a favorite that I've served it at Easter dinners, church breakfasts and a friend's wedding brunch," she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- 2. For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounces equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,469 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC