Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- 2. For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 284 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1469mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce
"I can't make ham without my boys asking for this version! They love the cherry sauce."