In Taylors, South Carolina, Carol Lee Jones often fixes this delicious ham topped with a thick cherry sauce. "It's such a favorite that I've served it at Easter dinners, church breakfasts and a friend's wedding brunch," she writes.
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup ginger ale, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, mustard and 1 tablespoon ginger ale; rub over scored surface of ham. Cut ham in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with cooking juices near the end of cooking time.
- For sauce, place pie filling in a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining ginger ale; stir into pie filling until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Cherry Sauce in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p20
Reviews for Easy Ham with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2014
"I can't make ham without my boys asking for this version! They love the cherry sauce."