Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 2 baby dill pickles, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish and brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over hamburger bun halves. Cut each slice of cheese diagonally. Cut one piece diagonally again. Use two smaller triangles as eyes and large triangle as mouth. Put 1 slice pickle on each eye. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"My son was making fun of this while I was making it and I doubled the recipe and we ate it two nights in a row. It is sweet, but not too sweet. We all LOVED IT!!"
"tried this recipe but thought it was way to sweet. I make my sloppy Joes with ketchup and that is sweet enough. I also add peppers, celery and onion to my recipe so that might make the difference"
"liked it and almost all of the other variations"
"I fallowed the recipe just to see how it tasted. I liked the taste of the sauce but thought it was too sweat. Will make it again and ad some vinegar & mustard,and cut back on the sugar. Other than that I liked it. Quick and easy to make."
"my hubby always thought my sloppy joe's was the ticket....tasted yours yesterday and said this had to be the best! I did add some worchestershire sauce and 2 drops of liquid smoke....."