Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 2 baby dill pickles, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish and brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over hamburger bun halves. Cut each slice of cheese diagonally. Cut one piece diagonally again. Use two smaller triangles as eyes and large triangle as mouth. Put 1 slice pickle on each eye. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes(20)
Sort By :
My son was making fun of this while I was making it and I doubled the recipe and we ate it two nights in a row. It is sweet, but not too sweet. We all LOVED IT!!
tried this recipe but thought it was way to sweet. I make my sloppy Joes with ketchup and that is sweet enough. I also add peppers, celery and onion to my recipe so that might make the difference
liked it and almost all of the other variations
I fallowed the recipe just to see how it tasted. I liked the taste of the sauce but thought it was too sweat. Will make it again and ad some vinegar & mustard,and cut back on the sugar. Other than that I liked it. Quick and easy to make.
my hubby always thought my sloppy joe's was the ticket....tasted yours yesterday and said this had to be the best! I did add some worchestershire sauce and 2 drops of liquid smoke.....