My grandma served these sandwiches every time I visited, and when I had children of my own, I made these sandwiches. My grandchildren enjoy it now, too. It's an inexpensive recipe to make, so it's great for a party. —Patricia Pidgeon, Sycamore, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 2 baby dill pickles, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish and brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over hamburger bun halves. Cut each slice of cheese diagonally. Cut one piece diagonally again. Use two smaller triangles as eyes and large triangle as mouth. Put 1 slice pickle on each eye. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun Annual 2007, p13
Reviews for Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review