- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the soup, lemon juice and sherry or broth. Pour over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Haddock Bake
"Add some dried onion & garlic powder to the shrimp mix. Drain off the excess water, use Panko & mix in 1 tablespoon of cream at the end. yum."
"Easy, quick, and very delicious! I used panko for the bread crumbs."
"This is my Husband's and Son's favorite recipe. It is elegant enough to serve to ourspecial friends"
"This was an "ok" dish I used fish that was frozen so I thawed it and patted dry but still had lots of water in dish after baking, I spooned out as much of the water as i could. I would recommend fresh fish but the main reason I won't make it again is because my husband hated it & only two of my four children liked it."
"This recipe was very delicious! It was incredibly easy to make. I was worried it might be a little salty because of the soup but the taste was perfect. It most certainly did not taste like fish with a can of soup on it. Even my boyfriend who is very picky about fish loved it! My supermarket did not have Haddock for some reason, so I made it with two pounds of fresh cod filets. I am new to cooking with fish and thought my pieces might be too thick to cook through, but the directions were perfect. I left mine in for the full 10 minutes after I put the breadcrumbs on, and the fish was perfectly done. Will definitely make this again! Very good!"
"This was a big hit! My husband loved it and he isn't a big fan of fish."
"I have made this recipe many times. Everyone raves about it. I also substitute cracker crumbs on top, instead of bread crumbs."
"This recipe was excellent. Being sheelfish allergic I substituded cream of mushroom soup in place of the shrimp. This was easy to prepare and tasted wonderful."