- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Grilled Lemon Chicken
"I wasn't able to grill the chicken so I baked it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes and it was delicious. I know it will taste better grilled."
"The lemon flavour was just too strong."
"This is a good, low calorie dish. The lemon is very flavorful. I used fresh herbs, which made it better-tasting to me!"
"Loved this! Best marinade for chicken yet."
"I've been making this for years..... one of our favorites!!!"
"This is a very light but tasty grilled chicken. We have a recipe for grilled shrimp scampi that we've been doing for years that is very similar in taste to this."
"Our family favorite!!! It's easy, healthy and is even delicious as leftovers, if there are any left over! I don't use marjoram, but i follow the rest of the recipe. Everyone that tries it RAVES about it. So moist and the lemon zest brings it alive. TRY IT"