Easy Grilled Halibut Steaks
“No one would guess you use convenient ingredients like brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice in this simple recipe. I always get compliments.” Mary Ann Dell — Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir
- until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with butter
- mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 halibut steak equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a