Easy Green Rice Recipe
Chopped fresh spinach produces pretty color in this simple but substantial side dish.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the water, rice, spinach, butter, onion and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Easy Green Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC