My family looks forward to this side dish every holiday. I add sliced almonds for crunch and garlic for a little kick. —Cheryl Wittman, Bergen, New York
Recommended: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except almonds. Cook, covered, on low until beans are tender, 5-6 hours. Remove with a slotted spoon. Top with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Easy Green Beans with Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p105
Reviews for Easy Green Beans with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2016
"Made this today. Love the cooking method. We loved the mushrooms cooked this way but the green beans were tough and chewy."