Easy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie
“This quick pie is such an ego booster. My family compliments me the entire time they’re eating it. A big hit at work potlucks, too, it’s good to the last crumb. I promise you it’ll ‘hop’ right off the plate!”
Kim Murphy - Albia, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 4 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 5 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- Spread ice cream into crust. Sprinkle with cookies and candies;
- drizzle with ice cream topping. Freeze until firm. Remove from the
- freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Junior Mints chocolate-covered peppermint candies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 374 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.