Easy Gingerbread Cutouts Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting, slightly warmed
- Red-hot candies
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, molasses and ginger until well blended. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured 5-in. cookie cutters. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom is lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate with cream cheese frosting as desired. Use red-hots for eyes, nose and buttons. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Gingerbread Cutouts(6)
Sort By :
This is the best gingerbread cookie recipe ever!!! I made them over and over during the holidays. Everyone loved them!
I have made 12 doz already this week! We modified it for the non-holiday season. I use a 1" cookie scoop and then flatten the cookies slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 5 minutes in a convection oven or until cookies start to "crack." We then use one dollop of milk chocolate frosting on top! Our local bakery is famous for their gingerbread boys with chocolate frosting. My sons say these taste even better!
So easy, seriously it canâ€™t get any easier than this. Great flavor also.
These came out great! I have to bake them on a airbake sheet otherwise they burn. They were easy to make and yummy!
Fuss free recipe! Made several thicknesses and enjoyed the thicker ones which were softer and chewier. FAST and easy preparation!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cookie Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >