This tangy potato salad stirs memories of my grandma, who made it for us. Now my mom makes it with brats and sauerkraut, truly the best meal! —Devin Mulertt, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
- 5 pounds potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a stock pot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into slices. Place in a large bowl. Stir in bacon, onion and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Easy German Potato Salad in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews for Easy German Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review