Easy German Chocolate Cake Recipe
There's no need to frost this yummy chocolate cake from Dawn Glenn of Johnson City, Tennessee. After baking, just turn the cake upside down onto a pretty platter - the coconut and pecan topping is already in place.
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Sprinkle the coconut and pecans into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Carefully spread to within 1 in. of edges.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC