Easy German Biscuits Recipe
My mother-in-law, who was of German descent, gave me this delicious recipe for easy yeast biscuits. It's so special because it goes back in her family for generations.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add yeast mixture, buttermilk and oil; stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours. Punch down. Turn onto a floured surface and roll out to 1-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. biscuit cutter and place 2-in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 each: 133 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Easy German Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC