There's plenty of garden goodness in every bowl of this fresh-tasting soup that Marlene Muckenhirn dishes up in Delano, Minnesota. Served chilled, it's perfect for a summer meal.
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free croutons
- In a blender, combine the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, hot pepper sauce and half of the tomatoes; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, cucumber, green pepper and remaining tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Gazpacho in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p55
Reviews for Easy Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review