Easy Garden Tomatoes Recipe
Simple as it is, this tomato recipe is one my favorite dishes, and my family loves it. I made three batches the first time, and a few stray olive slices were the only thing left on the platter. —Heather Ahrens, Columbus, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Arrange tomatoes and onion on a serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and oregano; drizzle over salad. Top with cheese and olives. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 184 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC