Simple as it is, this tomato recipe is one my favorite dishes, and my family loves it. I made three batches the first time, and a few stray olive slices were the only thing left on the platter. —Heather Ahrens, Columbus, Ohio
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Arrange tomatoes and onion on a serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and oregano; drizzle over salad. Top with cheese and olives. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Garden Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p33
Reviews for Easy Garden Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review