In Susanville, California, Evie, Gloistein can stir up these moist and chocolaty brownies in a snap. "They're oh-so-easy to make and oh-so-scrumptious to eat," she assures.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Spread into two greased 8-in. square baking pans. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 32 brownies.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p55
Reviews for Easy Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review