- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Spread into two greased 8-in. square baking pans. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 32 brownies.
Reviews for Easy Fudgy Brownies
Sort By :
"This is an easy, rich Brownie. A little soft but very tasty!"
"Will NOT be using this recipe again.. tastes a lot like the unsweetened chocolate it calls for."
"Yummy! I made it with 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce. It was very good!"
"These are great! I had used to use a brownie recipe that called for 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. I think the elimination of the baking powder makes these better. There is also less flour which makes them noticeably more fudgy than of a cake consistency. Instead of 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, you can try using 2/3 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips- which is the equivalent of 4 ounces. I also just threw all of into a 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Try cutting the sugar down to 1 1/2 cups- it tastes just as good and it is more healthy. I left out the pecans too. About 25 minutes into baking, I added 1 cup of chocolate chips sprinkled on top. Do not mix them in before putting the mixture into the pan. The chocolate chips will sink the bottom because the mixture is so thin. It tastes good this way, but will be a mess to get out! They look just like store bought mix brownies but so much healthier! You will be surprised how easy and quick they are!"
"Tasted great and were nice and moist. Will make this again."