Easy Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
Her savory rice side dish has become a favorite with family and friends, writes Carolyn Keith from Evanston, Illinois. Studded with golden raisins, dried cherries and nuts, it goes together in no time using a convenient rice mix and dresses up a variety of main dishes.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup golden raisins and cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add rice mix with contents of seasoning packet; stir to coat.
- Stir in the broth, fruit and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 24-28 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Easy Fruited Wild Rice Pilaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >