Easy Fruitcake Bars Recipe
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and orange peel until blended. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in walnuts and the reserved fruit mixture.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: Baked bars may be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
1 each: 88 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.