Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
"I came up with this quick salad when I wanted a cool treat on a hot day. It's fun for breakfast, as a side dish or dessert," pens Lori Daniels of Beverly, West Virginia. "This pie filling provides all the extra sweetening it needs. Feel free to substitute your favorite fruits."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups apple pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Add pie filling and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC