Easy Fruit Salad
I love fresh fruit salads. With this simple recipe, I can enjoy one even in January! This colorful salad complements most any entree.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium navel orange, sectioned
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- Cut orange sections into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the
- orange, coconut, orange juice and cinnamon if desired; toss gently.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, add banana and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.