Easy Frozen Fruit Cups Recipe
Cool off with one of these sweet and refreshing fruit slushes for breakfast dessert or a snack. "Keep them on hand in the freezer for those hot summer days," suggests Glenda Goldade of Seneca, South Dakota.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) apricot halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1. Drain pineapple and apricots, reserving juices. Cut apricots into bite-size pieces; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and reserved juices; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the pineapple, apricots, strawberries and banana. Pour into four 6-oz. custard cups or disposable plastic cups. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 40-50 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 172 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC