Easy Frosted Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, allspice and salt. Beat in vegetable oil. (Batter will be stiff.) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 427 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Frosted Carrot Cake
"This is really good & turned out very well.I used California Virgin olive oil, instead of regular oil. This is easy to make also."
"Very good cake recipe. I used cinnamon instead of allspice and used about 2 more tablespoons oil. The batter was very thick and I think it needed it. The icing was soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!!"
"It's really good and moist, just wath I was craving yummm ;)"
"This cake is very moist and light. Excellent!"