This recipe really captures the flavor of fried rice served in restaurants. Use leftover chicken and rice for a satisfying meal that's easy to put together.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine eggs and salt. In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, scramble eggs in 1 teaspoon oil, breaking into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir-fry rice over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add vegetables, onions and garlic; stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add chicken; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Combine soy sauce, broth, pepper and ginger. Add to rice; stir to coat. Add bacon and eggs; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Fried Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p53
Reviews for Easy Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
"Made it for my fiance' and he ABSOLUTELY LOVED it !!! It was very easy to make...Now i make fried rice all the time..."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"DELICIOUS! Left out bacon and added bean sprouts"